About Bow Valley Baptist Church
We are excited that you are taking the time to find out more about Bow Valley Baptist Church.
For questions about our church that this site does not answer, please contact us, we’d be happy to hear from you.
Our mission is to “Engage, enlist and equip youth to love like Jesus, live like Jesus and change the world”.
We are currently hiring an Interim Ministerial Permanent Part-Time 20 hour per week position: Interim Youth Pastor
The successful candidate will devote most of their time, energy and God-given gifts towards the discipleship of youth & young adults and their families in becoming mature followers of Jesus Christ. Other qualifications are:
- A clear calling for Youth Ministry
- A healthy spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ and a clearly defined model of how they practice the daily disciplines of a disciple in order to be able to pass this on to the youth they will lead
- Affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the basis for our beliefs
- Have a passion and desire to see Bow Valley Baptist Church make disciples of the youth of Cochrane and surrounding area
- Have a gifted understanding of challenges and needs of young people
- Have demonstrated skills in working with youth and others to accomplish agreed upon tasks and goals
- Able to relate to a diversity of age, backgrounds and spiritual development
- A college degree or post-secondary training is preferred
- Are supportive of Bow Valley Baptist Church and its direction
- Certification in “Plan To Protect”. This can be achieved once position is filled
- Be able to work well with the Senior Pastor, Staff and Leadership Team
- Employment Security Check is required
Bow Valley Baptist Church is a Christian ministry, and we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith that aligns with the doctrinal statement of the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Canadian National Baptist Convention.
Deadline for accepting applications will be midnight August 10, 2020. Please send all applications to Jana Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org For a full description of the Roles and Responsibilities please see the Bow Valley Baptist Church website or inquire at the same email email@example.com .
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please see attached for more information:Interim Youth Pastor Roles and Responsibilities
Gary Smith – Pastor
Gary has been the Pastor at Bow Valley since fall 2017. In previous years, he has served as a senior pastor, church planter, Church Planting Catalyst, Youth and Music Pastor and Associate Pastor. He has been married to his wife Sue for 25 years and together, they have four kids, Caleb, Joshua, Andrew and Sarah. He loves motorcycling, hiking, skiing, trips with his family, reading and dating his wife.
Colleen Higgins – Office and People Care Specialist
Colleen is married to Nathan, has three grown children, and 2 grandchildren. She has worked at Bow Valley for more than nine years as secretary and this past year as Pastoral Care Coordinator.
Her passions include spending quality time with family and friends, praying with and for others, and sharing the gospel. Her dream is to one day visit the Holy Land in Israel.
LeAnne Lien – Children’s Ministry Assistant
LeAnne is the Children’s Ministry Assistant at Bow Valley , a role she’s had since the Fall of 2008. She loves kids and has worked with children since she was a teenager in various different volunteer roles. Together with her husband, Kent, their family makes 5, with 3 amazing kids. As a family, they love the outdoors, hiking, camping, skiing, biking, and on a rainy day, you might find LeAnne curled up with a good book.
Heather Derksen – Office Administrator
Paulo Fogaça – Adult Ministries Coordinator
As Adult Ministries Coordinator, Paulo will provide administrative assistance and support to the five key ministries at Bow Valley: Guest services, Next Steps, Group Life, Volunteer Mobilization and Outreach teams and their leaders. He has been married to Rosimeri for almost 21 years and they have 3 kids, Melanie, Nathan and Emmanuel. Originally from Brazil, God called them to serve in Canada and they moved here in 2007. He graduated from the Master of Divinity program at CSBS & College in 2013. And in his free time he is a sport’s guy who loves to play soccer.
MacKenzie Higgins – Communications Coordinator
Max & Lynda Blazina – Group Life Coordinators (Volunteer)
Garry Tether – Missions Team Coordinator (Volunteer)