Get Connected With BVBC
Soon after your first visit to Bow Valley Baptist, you will hear about our Connection Groups. These are smaller communities of people who gather to connect with God and with each other. All of our groups are different. Most meet on Sunday mornings at 9:00am but some also meet at different times on different days during the week. We also have Connection Groups for youth and children.
As soon as you hang out with us for a short time, you will find that most weeks are full of other opportunities for our people to serve, grow, and connect.
God intends for us to have an abundant and joyful life so we value being together and have a great time while we gather. Throughout the year, we plan a variety of events intended to help us all on our journey with Christ and each other.
The Children’s Ministry at Bow Valley exists to support parents and to provide environments where children can encounter God and learn His Word. We believe that every child is made in God’s image and that God has a special place in His Big Story just for them. Our prayer is that God will develop in them a heart that longs to know Christ, to follow Him, and to make Him known.
During our weekly worship service we offer age appropriate opportunities for our children and preschoolers to learn, worship, and play.
Kid’s Church – Kindergarten through Grade 4 in Room #205
- Children are dismissed after the singing portion of the worship service and can be picked up in room 205 after the service.
- Offered every Sunday except for the last Sunday of the month
- Kid’s Worship Folders are available for children ages Kindergarten through Grade 6 in the foyer. On Sundays when there is no Kid’s Church, children are invited to draw a picture of something mentioned in the sermon. After the service, children can take their picture to Debbie or LeAnne in the Hebrews area to receive a small treat after the service.
Preschool Bible Time – Check-in @ Preschool area upstairs
- Your children will be cared for by trained, caring volunteers.
- They will rotate through stations of Bible story, snack, and play
- If your child attends Connection Groups at 9:00 and you are staying for worship, it is not necessary to return to the preschool area in between.
KIDS CONNECTION GROUPS – Sundays at 9:00 am
D r o p o f f a n d p i c k u p i n c l a s s r o o m s
- Grade 1 & 2 in Room 209
- Grade 3 & 4 in Room 208
- Grade 5 & 6 in Room 204
D r o p o f f a n d p i c k u p a t t h e P r e s c h o o l D e s k o n s e c o n d f l o o r
AWANA – Beginning September 20, 2017 from 6:00-7:30pm
Online registration is closed, but there are still some spots available. If you are interested in registering your children, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we hear from you, we will add them to our list and let you know about the status of their registration.
We will meet each Wednesday evening, the regular cost is $75 for the year and includes their uniform, handbooks, and awards. If you have questions about our Awana program, please email Debbie Nelson at email@example.com.
Sparks(K-2) and Truth and Training(3-6) have a focus on scripture memory and applying the truths of God’s Word to kids’ lives. (We also have a Cubbies program for kids ages 3 and 4 years old with a limited number of spaces available. Priority will be given to leaders’ children. Kids must be at least 3 years old and potty trained when Awana begins in order to participate. To get on a waiting list, contact Debbie at Awana@bowvalleybaptist.com)
In Awana your child will:
- Experience fun and exciting Game Time – Awana uses games that promote healthy competition and physical activity while allowing kids to participate no matter their skill level.
- Participate in Small Group Time – This time is devoted to scripture memory. Children will earn awards and recognition as they work through their Awana handbooks.
- Participate in Large Group Time – Singing and Bible teaching will be the focus of this time. Kids will learn more about applying the truths of scripture to their lives.
The atmosphere of fun and excitement will keep kids coming back week after week.
Need to Pay for AWANA?