About Bow Valley Baptist Church
WHO WE ARE
Bow Valley Baptist Church’s purpose is to Love Like Jesus, Live Like Jesus, and Change Our World. When the Church faithfully follows Jesus Christ in loving and living, lives are wonderfully changed both now and for eternity; the abundant life that Jesus desires for all becomes realized. Jesus said, “…I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.” John 10:10
Love Like Jesus
- “I give you a new command: Love one another. Just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
- “Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
- “No one has greater love than this: to lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13
Live Like Jesus
- “Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘If anyone wants to follow after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.'” Matthew 16:24
- “Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children, and walk in love, as Christ also loved us and gave himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2
- “I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
- “And be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as God also forgave you in Christ.” Ephesians 4:32
Change Our World
- “For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20
- “You are the light of the world… let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.” Matt 5:14a,16
- “He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” Mic 6:8
Bow Valley Baptist has a wide variety of ministries that provide avenues to live out these goals. They include discipleship through multiple small groups, a vibrant youth ministry, the Ignite Ministry and Awana for children and their families, a dynamic worship team, and more. We partner with the Canadian National Baptist Convention to support missionaries and start churches within North America and around the world. We seek to serve and add value to our community of Cochrane by hosting food drives and stocking a food pantry, ministering in senior care facilities, providing volunteers for annual town events, partnering with the Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre, and inviting community groups to utilize our facility.
We believe life is an adventure best shared together. People who come to Bow Valley Baptist Church are on a journey with Jesus to discover how God and His Word impacts our lives and we in turn impact the lives of others forever. We believe that impact is most felt in our relationships with family, friends, co-workers, neighbours, and community. We invite you to come and explore with us how a personal relationship with Jesus changes everything!
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
We are closely aligned with the Canadian National Baptist Convention. To understand what we believe, please read the CNBC Statement of Faith.